PROMO: Have your RCD tested today for only $65 that’s a massive $120 value for just $65.
Installation of Safety Switches Safety switches are also known as Residual current devices or RCDs. They help to protect you and your family against the most frequent cause of electrocution where electricity passes through the body to earth.
You need to remember that their use can enhance electrical safety but they do NOT remove the need to observe safe electrical practices and properly maintain equipment.
• Fixed safety switches offer the best protection but portable safety switches are also useful when working away from home.
• Before using portable safety switches check that the power point is safe with a plug type tester.
• If your house was built before 1977 it is unlikely to have an earth rod and you should seriously consider having a safety switch installed. If you already have a safety switch, be sure to have it tested by a licensed electrician every 12 months, to ensure it cuts out in 50 milliseconds or less. Also, if your house was built before 1977 it is unlikely to have an earth rod and you should seriously consider having one installed.
Eliminating electrical accidents
Every year in NSW people lose their lives through electrical accidents. The prevention of electrical accidents among electrical workers and the general public in NSW is an important safety objective of NSW Fair Trading. Most accidents can be avoided if you:
• use care and common sense
• don’t do it yourself – get a professional to do the job
• don’t mix water and electricity
• use a safety switch.
To book an inspection on your home or business premises contact
First Time Every Time.
Family owned company with highly skilled Electricians/ Electrical Contractors.
Servicing in Orange, Bathurst, Molong, Blayney and throughout the Central West NSW.
Call us for a quote today, our friendly and professional staff are ready to help you!
(02) 6369 1504
Lic No# 160445c
electrical contractor orange
licensed electrician orange