Winter Electrical Safety – How to keep your family safe
Before you plug in your heater or electric blankets this winter be safe and follow our safety checklist to give your appliances a quick inspection:
1. Is there any fraying on the cord? Pay particular attention to the section nearest the plug that gets the most wear and tear. Don’t use any item if the cord is frayed or any wires are visible.
2. Inspect the item to check all pieces appear to be in their rightful place. Heating elements can become dislodged in space heaters. For electric blankets and heated pet mats, check the heating element is not exposed and there are no wires poking out.
3. Give the item a good clean and remove all dust. Check any filters, if present.
4. Test your electrical safety switch to make sure it is working.
Other safety tips to keep your family safe this winter:
1. ALWAYS turn off your heater or electric blanket when not in use.
2. Keep heaters away from curtains, bedding, wet areas, and high traffic areas of your home.
3. Don’t use extension leads or power boards (? I added this) to power your heater. Plug directly into a wall socket.
4. Don’t dry clothes by placing them directly on top of the heater.
5. If your bed has an electric blanket on it be careful not to place heavy items on the bed, e.g. full laundry baskets or heavy suitcases. Heavy items can cause the wires in the blanket to break, or can cause hot spots, both of which can lead to a fire.
6. When upgrading your heater think about the safety features it may have. Many heaters now come with a safety switch that turns the heater off if it overheats or if it is tipped.
If you would like a professional inspection of the safety of your heaters or electric blankets call.
Tactical Electrical today on (02) 6369 1504.
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Facebook!
First Time Every Time.
Family owned company with highly skilled Electricians/ Electrical Contractors.
Servicing in Orange, Bathurst, Molong, Blayney and throughout the Central West NSW.
Call us for a quote today, our friendly and professional staff are ready to help you!
(02) 6369 1504
Electrician Orange NSW
Electrician in Bathurst NSW
Electrician in Bathurst
Licensed Electrician Bathurst
Licensed Electrician Bathurst NSW
Licensed Electrician in Orange
Licensed Electrician in Orange NSW
Electrical Contractor Orange
Electrical Contractor Orange NSW
Electrical Contractor in Orange
Electrical Contractor in Orange NSW
Electrical Contractor Central West NSW
Electrician Central West NSW
Licensed Electrician Central West NSW
Air Conditioning Orange
Air Conditioning Orange NSW
Air Conditioning Bathurst NSW
Air Conditioning Bathurst
Air Conditioning Contractor Orange
Air Conditioning Contractor in Orange NSW
Air Conditioning Contractor Bathurst
Air Conditioning Contractor in Bathurst NSW
Air Conditioning Central West
Air Conditioning Contractor in the Central West NSW
Licensed Air Conditioning Orange
Licensed Air Conditioning Orange NSW
Licensed Air Conditioning Bathurst NSW
Licensed Air Conditioning Bathurst
Licensed Air Conditioning Contractor Orange